Have you ever wondered how much water to make 1 kg of meat, 1kg of potatoes or 1 kg of bananas? The following image series will give you some information about the amount of water needed to produce some common foods.
1. To produce 1 kg of chocolate requires 17 000 liters of water. This amount of water is enough to fill a family swimming pool.
2. Producing 1 kg of pork requires about 6,000 liters of water.
3. To make 1 kg of tomatoes we need about 214 liters of water.
4. The amount of water needed to produce 1 kg of potatoes is about 287 liters.
5. For wheat, about 1892 liters of water is needed to make 1 kg.
6. Need 15 000 liters of water to produce 1 kg of beef
7. Need 790 liters of water to produce 1 kg of bananas.
8. Producing 1 kg of corn requires 1211 liters of water
9. Need 586 liters of water to produce 1 kg of green beans.
10. Producing 1 egg requires 196 liters of water.
After looking at the above information, did you realize that the amount of water to produce 1 kg of meat is often much larger than the amount of water produced 1 kg of vegetables? So instead of having to have meat all the time on your menu, be more vegetarian and healthy and contribute to protecting the environment.