Fever is when there is a temporary increase in body temperature in response to the disease . Our body temperature is not equal at times of the day, usually higher in the afternoon. However, if the temperature exceeds 38 ° C, you have a fever.
Learn about the average temperature of children and adults
- What is the normal adult temperature?
- How much should adults go to the doctor for fever?
- How many children are fever?
- Where to take children to health facilities?
What is the normal adult temperature?
According to experts, the central temperature of adults ranges from 36.5 ° C to 37.1 ° C. Adults have an average temperature of about 36.8 ° C. So if the body temperature is slightly lower or higher than 37 ° C is also completely normal.
It would be abnormal if the adult's temperature was around 37.8 ° C. The temperature in the mouth is greater than 37.5 ° C. The temperature in the ear is greater than 38.1 degrees Celsius. The temperature in the anus is greater than 37.6 ° C.
How much should adults go to the doctor for fever?
It would be abnormal if the adult's temperature was around 37.8 ° C.
You should see a doctor if you have the following signs:
- Fever above 40 ° C and can not be reduced with conventional medicine
- The fever lasts longer than 48 or 72 hours
- Are suffering from serious medical conditions such as heart problems, diabetes or cystic fibrosis
- Rash or bruising
- Other symptoms are sore throat, headache or cough.
How many children are fever?
Generally, healthy children will have an anal temperature of 36.5 - 37.5 degrees Celsius. If the anal temperature is above 38 degrees C, they have a fever. In particular, the anal temperature is equal to the armpit temperature + 0.5 and the ear temperature + 0.3.
If the child shows signs of fatigue, blush, hot body, sweating. You should use a thermometer to measure your baby's body temperature right away.
- Children under 3 months old : Use a rectal thermometer to measure body temperature of children under 3 months old. If the temperature measured in the baby's rectum is 38 degrees C or higher, the mother should take her to see a doctor immediately.
- Children under 4 years old: For children under 4 years old, the mother can hold a thermometer in the armpit to determine body temperature. A temperature measured in the armpit of 37.2 degrees Celsius or higher is considered a fever.
- Children over 4 years of age: For children over 4 years of age, the oral temperature will be most accurate. A child is called a fever when the oral temperature is 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher.
Where to take children to health facilities?
- Children appear convulsions
- Fever above 40 degrees Celsius
- Babies younger than 2 months old
- The baby is dehydrated with symptoms: dry skin, sunken eyes, crying without tears
- Headache, vomiting, abnormal neck stiffness
- Rash on skin
- Uncontrolled body temperature, even after giving fever medicine
- The appearance of perception changes such as: drowsiness, lethargy, difficulty waking up, fussing and crying
- Shortness of breath and does not improve after clearing the nose
- Cannot swallow food, cannot swallow, cannot drink water
How to reduce fever for children at home quickly, safely
Fever or harm? Is it necessary to reduce fever?