2007 Nobel Peace Prize: 181 candidates
According to the Nobel committee's announcement, the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize officially received 181 nominations from individuals and organizations.
According to the published list, there are 46 organizations in the total number of candidates for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.
However, according to current regulations, Mr. Geir Lundestad - Commission secretary, did not reveal any names and the number of candidates this year was lower than the record of the previous two years (199 year candidates). 2005 and 191 in 2006).
As a rule, the five-member committee is responsible for keeping the candidate list confidential for 50 years and refusing to disclose any relevant information. But sometimes nominees are open to the public.
This year, former US Vice President Al Gore is among the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize candidates due to campaigns that draw the world's attention to global warming. In addition, names such as Bolivian President Evo Morales - UN special AIDS envoy to Africa; Stephen Lewis - former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad . was also publicly named in the nomination list of the award.
Former US Vice President Al Gore , one of the characters
Nobel Peace Prize 2007 (Photo: TTO)
- The 2015 Nobel Peace Prize is staggering
- This year's Nobel Peace Prize will be
- EU European Union received the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize
- The 2016 Nobel Peace Prize is awarded to people who end their bloodbath in Colombia
- Ig Nobel 2013: Applause is breaking the law to win peace
- The European Union received the Nobel Peace Prize
- The 2017 Nobel Peace Prize named the Nuclear Weapons Elimination Campaign
- The Nobel Peace Prize was cut in bonuses because of the economic crisis
- 2010 Nobel Prize ceremony
- EU gives Nobel Prize to children in war zones