9 unbelievable modern lifestyles of ancient Egyptians
We often think that modern life is far from ancient times. In fact, archeology shows that we were quite wrong. The ancient Egyptians had an incredibly advanced lifestyle.
1. They extract iron from meteorites
Archaeologists have found many metal beads in an ancient tomb. How did the ancient Egyptians get the metal beads? The answer lies in a hieroglyph that means 'iron' and can be translated as 'metal from the sky'. These particles can be extracted from meteorites. These beads are very special (and unique) because it was not until 2,000 years later that the Egyptians knew how to smelt iron.
2. They invented toothpaste
There is some evidence that the Egyptians produced toothpaste as early as 5,000 BC. They used to create dough mixtures from readily available ingredients such as baked eggshells and pumice. Unfortunately, today we don't know exactly how to use these mixtures.
3. They use antibiotics in treatment
Antibiotics were officially invented in the 20th century, but ancient Egyptian doctors knew to use moldy flatbread to treat festering wounds. And their cure worked.
4. They established the world's first policemen
The world's first police force was formed during the Middle Kingdom period (2050-1800 BC). They consisted of the most loyal warriors and foreign mercenaries. Egyptian police escorted by dogs and monkeys. The officers were tasked with protecting the temples and city squares, representatives of the elite and travelers from criminals. They are like modern policemen.
5. They were the first to brew beer
The Egyptians had a very good beer production ability, so they paid the workers to build the pyramid 4-5 liters of beer per day. The Egyptians were among the first to produce this drink.
6. Surgeons have performed difficult operations
The medical knowledge of the ancient Egyptians was so precise and unique that it was comparable to modern methods. When examining the mummy, scientists found traces of some difficult operations: heart surgery, organ transplants and even plastic surgery.
7. They use door locks
As the neighbors became more and more crowded, people living in ancient times also began to have a need to lock their doors. Door locks were created in Egypt and China. Egyptian wooden locks have a very simple operating mechanism.
8. They play bowling
In an ancient settlement near Cairo, a ballroom dating back to 3,200 BC was found. They created carved lanes with balls of different sizes, including finger holes. The rules of the game must be different from today, but we all recognize this as bowling.
9. They know how to treat eyes
Eye infections are common in Egypt. So the Egyptians had to try many different and sometimes strange treatments such as using antibacterial paints or using drugs made from . human brain.
- Ancient Egyptians and rituals broke ground
- Discover typical dishes of ancient Egypt
- Why do ancient Egyptians only sex in the summer?
- Ancient Egyptians were good seafarers
- Revealing the
- Raw materials for blue ink production of ancient Egypt
- The DNA of ancient mummies is not the same as the Egyptians today
- Why did the ancient Egyptians worship lotus images?
- The piece of papyrus reveals how ancient Egyptians tried pregnancy
- Complete the dictionary of ancient Egypt