Terrible traces of asteroids falling to Laos
Geologists discovered unusually large gravitational interactions on the territory of Laos, indicating the existence of a crater of 20 km in size. It appeared as a result of the great asteroid's landing on Earth about 780 thousand years ago.
Sediment of fragments
In the late 1930s, geologists discovered on the shores of Australia and Southeast Asia traces of sediment from minerals, appearing perhaps during the asteroid collision and falling.
Such veins of sediment, emerging from the Earth's surface after the impact of asteroids, have been found in other parts of Eurasia. In total, they account for 10 to 30% of the total planet area.
Traces of meteorite collisions were discovered in Australia and Southeast Asia.
The ancestor of the reservoir
Despite decades of conducting exploratory surveys, geologists have yet to find out exactly where the ancestors of these mineral veins are, the exact size of the asteroid that has collided. how much it touches the Earth and what consequences it can cause, as reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
According to the research results, geologists from the US, Thailand, Laos and Nanyang Technological University (NTU - Singapore) have come to the conclusion that the crater is buried under layers of icy lava lying on top. Boloven plateau territory in southern Laos .
Asteroids and the settlement of ancient people
Further study of the crater, as geologists hoped, will help verify the size of the asteroid that created it, at what speed and at what angle of the Earth's surface. All of this will help, for the first time, to accurately assess the role of asteroids in the settling of ancient humans in Asia, where fragments of natural disasters mark the end of the year. era.
- Asteroids falling into the sea will cause ozone layer leakage
- An explosive asteroid affected Earth's climate during the Miocene period
- 4 asteroids are threatening the Earth
- Asteroids have a velocity 'terrible' about to cross the Earth at Christmas
- Human skull asteroids can create super terrible tsunamis
- Asteroids falling into the sea will cause an ozone depletion
- Shock with a devastating degree of devastation when asteroids hit Earth
- Giant asteroids once fell into Australia
- NASA hangs on the asteroid
- Change candidates for hunting asteroids
- 10 interesting things about asteroids in the solar system
- Identify asteroids to lead near Earth