Discovered a nearly 1,400-year-old tomb of the Chinese emperor
Recent archaeologists have verified that the tomb area discovered not long ago was the burial place of a Chinese emperor, China.
Archaeologists said that the person who was buried in the tomb area was Emperor De Yang Guang, the second king and also the last king of the Sui Dynasty in Chinese history (581-618 ), one of the fiercest notorious kings in this feudal history.Next to the tomb of King Duong Quang is the burial place of his wife, Pepper Queen.
The tomb area was discovered and excavated by archaeologists near a construction site in Yangzhou, in Jiangsu Province, east of China, in April.
Before Yangzhou City Cultural Heritage Bureau confirmed that this is the resting place of Sui De De, there are many speculations around who is buried in this excavation area.
The tombs of Sui De De Yang Guang and Xiao Huang are built side by side.
Some items were buried in the tomb of Xiaodun, wife of King Yang Guang, in Yangzhou, Jiangsu Province.According to experts, the tomb area is still intact and also keeps many living things for the kings at that time.
One of the findings that helped experts in the verification process was the stele in the southern corner of the grave with the name and year of death in 618, at the same time that the history records Duong Quang died.
In the excavated tomb area, archaeologists discovered many cultural features of this period.In the picture is a ceramic statue excavated from the tomb of Pepper Queen.
Tools for grinding ink written from the Sui Dynasty.
A dragon-shaped door handle, made of copper, remains intact after being excavated from the tomb of the Duong Quang emperor.
Experts said that compared to other kings, the tomb of Duong Quang is smaller, about 20m 2 in size
Sui De Yang Guang is considered one of the tyrants in the history of Chinese dynasties.He was killed in a mutiny in 618, marking the demise of Sui.
- Royal treasure in Luu Phi Tomb
- Why hasn't China dared to excavate the tomb of Qin Shui Huang?
- Excavating the tomb of Qin Shui Huang, discovering the animal world inside
- Discover treasure in the tomb of Qin Shihuang
- The mystery of the tomb Qin Shihuang
- China suspended excavation of the tomb of Qin Shi Huang
- The inexplicable mystery inside the Qianlong tomb
- Excavation of 800-year-old tomb, unexpectedly discovered precious treasures
- Discovered the last Inca emperor
- The sophisticated weapon of the terracotta army in the tomb of Qin Shihuang