The thermocouple is a familiar device in the family medicine cabinet. However, the thermocouples are very fragile, especially when the mercury breaks in the thermocouple will spill out and this is a powerful poison, which can cause poisoning for everyone.
Mercury is in a thermocouple despite a very small amount, but its toxic gas can strongly affect people's lungs, especially young children in the home.
In addition, mercury is easily linked to fat in the blood and tissues, causing human organs to be affected, especially the nervous system. This liquid can also penetrate the stalk to reach the uterus.
When the mercury in the thermostat breaks, it needs to be cleaned, fast, and properly. When mercury comes out of the thermometer, move everyone away from the mercury area.
Close windows and doors - this will make mercury insoluble in the air. And you are not allowed to let the wind blow.
At the place where mercury falls, use lights from the other side. When all small particles are visible, we can start to clean up. You should wear gloves and do not let mercury droplets come into contact with your hands.
Collect mercury seeds with a soft bristle brush and use soft paper like a shovel . Can use absorbent paper or medical equipment. When done, it must be very gentle and singing while supporting, otherwise the mercury droplets will fall out. If mercury breaks into small particles, you can take newspaper, soak it in water, dry it and wipe gently. Mercury is collected by any way, it must be put in a closed lid.
After 1-2 hours can start cleaning the floor. First clean the contaminated area with soapy water, then wipe it off.
If clothing gets mercury, it is necessary to soak in cold water for about 30 minutes, soak for another 30 minutes in soapy water at a temperature of 70 - 80 degrees . Then soak for 20 minutes in high temperature in chemical water and rinse with cold water.
Mercury, when exposed to room temperature, often spreads and the air in the entire area is contaminated.
So after cleaning , you need to ventilate the room , open the door for a few hours. After that, you need to drink lots of water because you can eliminate mercury poisoning through the kidneys. You should also eat lots of fresh fruit.
However, if mercury is shot at people, then see headaches, nausea, sore throat and fever, quickly go to the medical facility for timely management.