- The surface of the 'giant' meteorite landed on Earth
like refugees on their way to escape from distant solar systems, meteorites rush through the earth's atmosphere and fall on our planet. often these fireballs of metal and rock will ignite and many of them will not 'survive' through the collision.
- Huge meteorites will graze the Earth
astronomers from the european space agency (esa) are listing objects that are likely to hit the earth in the next century.
- Huge rain of meteorites grows the germ of life on Mars
giant comets and meteors hundreds of kilometers in diameter poured into the surface of mars 4 billion years ago, creating a premise for life to grow.
- Video: The giant fireball glows in the sky of Mexico
the video posted on skyalert recently showed a glowing fireball accompanied by loud bangs in five different states in mexico on the night of may 23.
- Shock with meteorites stabbed the Earth as strong as 70,000 nuclear bombs
scientists estimate that meteorites can be composed mostly of iron, about 1.5 km in diameter and weigh about 12 tons.
- Mo Mo found a meteorite pattern on Mars
for the first time, the robot
- The origin and name of meteorite
most meteorites are fragments of asteroids, the moon or mars, and are named after where they fall.
- The giant meteorite can threaten the Earth
american astronomers warn a meteorite of nearly 3.2 km in diameter can cause intense earthquakes and tsunamis that threaten humanity.
- Argentina: A family hides up to 2.5 tons of meteorites
on november 25, argentine police found a family in the state of santiago del estero, 1,200km north of buenos aires, storing 2.5 tons of meteorites.
- Meteorites fall and create a giant double hole in Sweden
swedish scientists first discovered a unique double hole created from two meteorites that fell to earth at the same time 460 million years ago.
- Giant meteors fly over Earth on Christmas Eve
a 2.4-kilometer giant meteorite is expected to fly over earth at the closest distance on christmas eve this year.
- Detecting algae-like fossils in meteorites
british scientists have discovered algae-like fossils in meteorites that fell on sri lanka last year.
- Discover large meteorite in Antarctica
vinciane debaille, a geologist of the free university of brussels in belgium, and belgian and japanese colleagues have used snowmobiles to find antarctic meteorites for over a month.
- Meteors appear in Canada
a meteorite may have swept the sky near toronto in the daytime and created rare bright spots.
- Two meteorites fly close to the earth today
telescopes in the us state of arizona discovered 2012 qg42 and 2012 qc8, the names of two meteors on august 26. they are moving towards the earth and the moon and will reach the closest position to the earth on september 14, national geographic reported.
- America divided rare meteors to study
five american science organizations together shared rare meteorites that exploded in a fireball event in california's sky last year.
- Scary volcanoes are more than meteorites
until now, people often thought it would take thousands of years to form giant volcanoes, and these volcanoes were
- Use a spacecraft to change meteorites
the european space agency (esa) is planning to carry out a similar mission in the fictional film armageddon. in this film, actor bruce willis and his team are tasked with blowing up a giant meteorite that is heading straight to earth.
- Video: Huge meteorite glides through the American sky
people in some states of the united states witnessed images of meteorites heavier than 220kg gliding through the sky.
- Meteors once fell into Vietnam
talking to pv, dr. le huy minh said that meteorites falling into the earth's atmosphere are relatively many phenomena. but falling to the ground like the case in russia on february 15 is a rare thing.
- The explosion caused meteorites to pass through the sky in the United States, suspected of causing earthquakes
when meteorites plunged down, many people saw bright light shining in the sky with a loud sound and the earth shaking.
- Asteroids explode in the sky of Russia
the meteorite exploded with a 2.8 kiloton energy, creating a brilliant fireball in the daytime, visible in many russian cities.
- A falling meteorite pierces the ceiling in Uruguay
on november 15, the uruguayan national university (udelar) said a meteorite had pierced the ceiling of a house in maldonado province, in the southeastern part of the country, when it hit the ground at a speed of 250 km / h.
- Giant meteors are about to destroy the Earth
nasa warns giant meteorite about to crash into earth on february 25, 2017.
- Meteors are hard to destroy the earth
whether an asteroid explodes or falls to the ground depends on the ability of the atmosphere to withstand the compressive pressure. they often take up to 99% of the material before touching the surface of the earth.
- Experimental shield of meteorites for Earth
scientists are trying to find a way to protect the fragile earth from giant meteorites
roaming the milky way.
- Meteors explode into night in Siberia
on the night of december 6, a meteorite fell on beysky region in khakassia, southwestern siberia (russia), causing the night sky to glow as day.
- Monitor the risk of collisions between giant meteorites and Earth
russia's telescope has discovered a giant meteorite that can plunge into the earth in the future.
- Redefine the Martian meteorite age
collaborating with us and british colleagues, scientists at the university of western ontario (canada) said the finding deciphered the puzzle that has long been in the field of science studying mars.
- Detecting meteor mass in China
chinese astronomers have found a giant iron rock meteorite in altay, xinjiang autonomous region. the meteorite block was found on july 17. the meteorite that falls to earth is formed from many causes ...