The world's first sexless AI voice
The world's first sexless AI voice helps change the thinking of virtual assistants as women.
Currently, Alexa, Siri, Cortana, Google use popular female voices for virtual assistants. Questions about the weather, currency and time rates are answered by women, although technology companies say virtual assistants are non-gender.
It is this that motivates social activists, linguists and sound engineers to create the first non-gender AI voice for virtual assistants.
The non-gender Q voice is said to help change the virtual assistant industry that uses only female voices.(Photo: QZ)
This project is calling for public share so that big companies focus more on gender factors for virtual assistants. This non-gender AI voice is named Q.
"Think of me as Siri or Alexa, but not men, nor women. I was created for a future where we are no longer identified by gender but instead are how we define yourself " , Q said in the promotional video below.
So far, Q is just an innovative project, made to raise awareness produced by Virtue Nordic - a global advertising company in partnership with Copenhagen Pride - an academic researcher; Public interest group Equal EI and a sound production room category. It debuted at SXSW - a music and technology exhibition in Austin, Texas, USA in early March.
The inclusion of Q in virtual assistant systems will solve many ethical problems. Q clearly stated in his introduction video, it will make the technology more comprehensive.
- 15-year-old male student makes his own web browser and virtual assistant in Vietnam
- Baidu successfully developed AI can imitate the voice after only a few seconds of listening
- Smartphone with voice control
- Why don't we like to hear our real voice?
- The voice 'accuses' the promiscuous person
- Giving voice
- Guess the power of men through voice
- New technology allows you to imitate anyone's voice from one minute of recording
- Coming to TV to understand Vietnamese voice
- Mr. Snape is the best voice on the planet
- Technology helps you copy the voice of others in just one note
- USB presence with voice security