SoundCloud is a music listening platform that anyone can use to share and listen to music for free. If you're familiar with other popular social networks like Facebook and Twitter, you can consider SoundCloud a similar type of service, but for music enthusiasts.
Log in to SoundCloud
SoundCloud is available for free for Android and iOS devices. If you do not have a SoundCloud account, you will have to create a new account to be able to start using. You can create one for free by registering via Facebook, Google+ or via email.
Besides, you can login multiple accounts SoundCloud at once.
SoundCloud is available for free for Android and iOS devices.
Navigate in the application
The SoundCloud platform really shines on mobile. Once inside, you'll notice that the application has the following main sections, which are used to navigate everything:
- Home: This is a personalized news feed, displaying tracks posted and reposted by other SoundCloud users you follow. You can listen, repost, add any song to the playlist, start a station (collection of songs) directly from within the news feed.
Home is a personalized news feed.
- Search: If you're looking for a specific user or track, you can use the app's search function to find exactly what you want to hear.
- Collection: This is the tab where you can access all your favorite songs and playlists. You can also view your profile by clicking the three dots in the top right corner.
- Music player: This tab appears when you start playing a track. It allows you to easily access anything you are listening to while browsing other tabs in the application.
- Stream: From the Home tab , you can click the arrow at the top of the Stream to quickly browse what's trending. You can also browse different genres of music and audio content.
Use the app for a great listening experience
The application can be used however you like, but here are three main ways you can really take advantage of SoundCloud:
- Follow the users you want to discover new music : When you click on the username, you will be taken to their profile to see what they are posting and the playlist they have. You can follow them like on any other social network and the tracks they post or share will show up in your feed.
- Create custom playlists : When listening to a favorite song, you can press the 3 dots on it to add it to any playlist. You can create as many playlists as you want, then make them public for other users to enjoy or keep private for your own use.
- Start a station to listen to a bunch of similar songs : When you don't have the time or patience to carefully select the tracks you want in your own playlist, you can simply press the 3 dots above any any track you want, let the application play a station with similar tracks. And you can always access the most recent stations from the profile.
Do more with SoundCloud on the web
You can do more with SoundCloud on the web.
The SoundCloud mobile app has a clear, easy to use interface and doesn't overwhelm you with too many features. However, some users may wonder how they can do more. Here are some additional features you can implement on SoundCloud, when logging into your web account at SoundCloud.com.
- Download or buy sheet music
- Upload your own music
- Text other users
- Join the groups