Back pain means you will have trouble bending down to tie your shoelaces. Every turn can make you extremely uncomfortable. And even the favorite chair becomes less comfortable than usual. However, there is no need for pain medicine because you can always try one of the following effective back pain relief tips:
1. Relax your spine
Effect: This posture helps to reduce stiffness in the back muscles, eliminates the spasms and preserves the spine straightness.
- Sitting on the floor with legs stretched straight in front of the feet, feet 5-10 cm apart.
- Roll a large towel or blanket and insert it under your knees.
- Place a pillow on your leg, bending your back so that the upper body folds forward until the head touches the pillow.
- Relax in this position for at least 5 minutes.
2. Buttock stretching
Effect: Rigid buttocks can be one of the causes of back pain because they work whenever your body lifts, drops, moves forward. The proper stretching action will help relieve stiffness in your buttocks and help you reduce back pain.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Keep your balance on your buttocks, lift both legs and cross your left leg over your right leg.
- The right hand grabbed the left foot and vice versa.
- Collect both feet towards the body as close as possible.
- Hold the position for 1-2 minutes, then return to the original position and repeat with the other side.
3. Loosen the lumbar muscles
Effect: The lumbar muscle group takes on a major responsibility in stabilizing the spine. If you work too much or lose your balance, you may have lower back pain.
- Lie on your back on the floor with 2 straight legs, 2 arms on both sides of your body.
- Put a block of bricks used in yoga under the pelvis.
- Let the lower back gently relax towards the floor.
- Located in this position for 5 minutes.
4. Try soaking your feet with Epsom salt solution
Effect: When Epsom salt dissolves into water, it breaks down into magnesium and sulfate. Magnesium helps relax nerves and soothe muscle contractions. Therefore, when you soak your feet in Epsom saline, your skin will absorb ingredients that reduce back pain.
- Pour hot water into a pot.
- Add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt into water and stir well.
- Soak your feet for 5-7 minutes.
- After soaking, wash your feet with warm water and wrap in a blanket / towel.
5. Press on the point behind the knee
Effect: Stimulating this point helps relax muscles and ease pain in the hip, lower back caused by sciatic nerve pain.
- Find two acupuncture points in the center of the lower leg (behind the knee).
- Use your thumb to press hard on these points.
- Take deep breaths, hold your hands in the acupuncture points for 2-3 minutes.
6. Sitting on a tennis ball
Effect: The tennis ball helps massage the buttock muscles, promoting blood circulation to the lower back, thereby reducing pain.
- Sitting on the floor, put a tennis ball under your butt.
- Gently move your body forward and back until you feel the position of your back pain.
- Keep the ball under the buttocks, bend one knee, place the other foot on the other knee. Maintain balance by placing your hands on the floor.
- Rest with this position for 1-2 minutes, then switch sides.
7. Apply lavender essential oil
Effect: Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory ingredients and soothes pain. It can also relax back muscles and relieve stress.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil or castor oil, add a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Gently massage the mixture on the back area.
Things to know about back pain
Revealed when people most easily suffer from back pain